There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Life: Too busy to eat properly!

Does anyone else feel this way?

As a dance teacher my work puts me in a funky schedule… work early mornings, big break, back at it in the afternoon/evening, home by 9pm


Not going to lie when it's just me and the puppy I rarely cook for myself especially that late at night!

SO here are some of my top tips for eating well… when your man is away.



1. Cook a big roast dinner one night a week and use up the left overs.

This is a great idea from my student days: a big beef roast will keep me going for 4 days after the first meal and can be used in stir fries, stews, tacos, sandwiches…



2. Prep your meals! 

This is one my health nut friend shared with me… one night a week (perhaps the night you cook the roast? I'm not a big chef so I avoid it lol) prep all your lunches and snacks for the week.
Things like: cut veggies, sandwiches, pasta/potato salads, energy balls…



3. Use your blender!

I love protein shakes. I never saw the point before I tried them and now they're a daily part of my diet. I use Arbonne Nutrition because it's the best I've tried and doesn't have that weird protein taste that a lot of them have.

Here's my favourite recipe:

2 scoops Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder
1 scoop Arbonne Fibre Boost
1 packet Arbonne Antioxidant & Immunity booster
1 cup coconut water/water
handful frozen mixed berries
1 heaped tablespoon yoghurt
1 teaspoon chia seeds




With a family it's a different story… 


1. Utilise freezer meals!

Once a  month dedicate a day to shopping and preparing freezer meals. Things like Lasagne, chicken parmesan, pasta sauce… all of these can be easily prepared and frozen so even on your busiest days you can still get a good healthy meal into those kiddos. 
Here are some of my favourite Pinterest Links:
10 easy freezer meals
Healthy Freezer meals
1 month of Freezer meals in 1 afternoon




2. Prep your snacks!

I found this incredible post over at Echoes of Laughter… Healthy Fast Food




3. Kids love smoothies!

Get your kids in on the smoothie action… the Arbonne protein shakes are safe for kids as young as 2 years and they love them! Kids love helping in the kitchen and throwing handfuls of messy berries and spoonfuls of yoghurt into a blender is just up their alley (with adult supervision obviously!).


Got any other healthy meal tips with/without a family? Please share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment