There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Real Life Wife: Amanda

This week's Real Life Wife is another amazing Mum: Amanda from Vancouver Island BC!



The Basics:

I am a 28 year old mother of two amazing children. My daughter is 4 and my son is 8 months old. My husband and I have been together for 10 years and married for 5. My husband has been in the camp life for the last 3 years and is currently working as a pipe fitter in Alberta.


1. Why did you and your Camp Guy decide to live the Camp Life?

We made the decision to live the camp worker life after my husband was laid off from his job as a mechanic. We had a one year old at the time and had to make some big decisions quick.


2. What's the biggest sacrifice you make because of Camp?

The biggest sacrifice we have made is missing out on so much valuable family time. My husband seems to miss every dance recital, holiday, family gathers and milestones our children surpass.



3. Days on shift can be busy and lonely…what's the silver lining for you?

The silver lining of living the camp life is knowing my children will never go without. There will be food in the fridge and a roof over their heads. Living the camp life will also allow us to take family vacations and save up for things like college.


4. What's your favourite thing to do on days off?

On days off we enjoy spending time as a family. We have days at the park, trips to the beach and take nice walks. We try to go on one date night per set of days off but I must confess it's been a while since we've had the opportunity.


Amanda & Stuart's Children Noah and Brea

5. If you could give one tip to other Campers what would it be?

Some advice I would give to other camp wives is to get into a routine as soon as possible. Especially if you have children. There will be rough days but they will pass so take it one day at a time. And last but not least, don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.




Fabulous post from Amanda - thank you so much for sharing!


Want to share your story on the blog? Message me!

No comments:

Post a Comment