There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Life: Organising the Cleaning

Ok I'll admit it… I hate chores.

I despise doing dishes.
Sweeping the floor frustrates me (when I can't get every last speck of dust).
Discovering what used to be something in the fridge grosses me out.


BUT Chores have to be done and if you're on your own (or have kids who aren't old enough to help yet) you have to find a good strategy that works for you.

After a lot of pinning over on Pinterest about different cleaning solutions but I discovered Fly Lady.



I loved her idea of morning, afternoon and evening routines, focusing on zones and dealing with it 15 minutes at a time.

But I found her site confusing and there was too much in my house that needed attention for me to ignore until it was that time of the week/month.


SO I came up with an alternative Fly Lady inspired routine:

Daily Routines





Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Routines






To kick things off I spent a day organizing, cleaning and getting my house up to scratch.
I organized my freezer, cupboards, washed appliances and generally caught up so my house looked the way I wanted it to all the time.

THEN I kicked the routine into gear.



I chose to put most of my 'evening' chores into my afternoon as I tend to have more time and energy before I head to work in the late afternoon/evening. I never have any energy in the evening so I cut that down to the bare basics. Mornings I generally have lots of time to squeeze things in.



Inspired to create your perfect cleaning schedule? Here are my tips:

1. Decide what chores need to be done in  your household on a regular basis
2. Prioritise them into daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
3. Split your daily chores into blocks that will work with your routine, test them out and see how they best fit.
4. Do the same with your weekly/monthly/yearly chores.
5. Kick start your system! Give yourself a day to do a thorough clean (or as best as you can) and get your house how you want it to look.
6. Put your schedule up so it reminds you and everyone in your household what needs to be done and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment